The LOOP Fort Lauderdale Beach Hosts Friday Night Sound Waves
Enjoy free outdoor concerts in Fort Lauderdale Beach every Friday night starting November 5th until December 31st, 2021.
Slide off your shoes and slip into the weekend! The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) Fort Lauderdale Beach hosts Friday Night Sound Waves, the free weekly concert series presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Business Improvement District.
Friday Night Sound Waves welcomes area locals and global visitors, the young and the young at heart, to enjoy some of South Florida and the region’s best musical talents, performing an eclectic range of genres, including Jazz, Latin, Country, Top 40, Indie, Oldies and Classic Rock.
New this year is the Friday Night Sound Waves Dance Party powered by Florida Power & Light (FPL) during the band break. Preceding each concert is a member-based open workout with OutFit Training, the FLIPANY CATCH KIDS CLUB powered by Target and Ocean Spray, as well as the newly reimagined Music & Makers Market with a rotation of live pre-concert entertainment.
Music & Makers provides the opportunity for guests to engage with local artists and innovators representing the diverse and creative South Florida community. Curated by Carley Sumner, producer of the wildly popular Flamingo Flea, the weekly pop-up showcase features a rotation of the best vintage, jewelry, skincare, upcycled clothing, homewares, craft-batched foods and handmade accessories in South Florida. Acoustic music, live art, children’s activities and street performers will provide entertainment from 5 – 6:30 p.m. before the free Friday Night Sound Waves concerts at The LOOP.
The full 2021 Friday Night Sound Waves lineup includes:
· Nov. 5: Bobby Nathan Band, presented by Las Olas Marina, a Suntex Experience — Bobby Nathan Band is a six-piece band performing iconic songs from the most stellar artists of our time including: DNCE, Sublime, 5 Seconds of Summer, Megan Trainor, Robert Palmer, Rod Stewart and more.
· Nov. 12: Tim Charron Band – Country rock recording artist Tim Charron divides his time between Nashville and Florida and has three albums including “Chasing The Sun,” which was recorded with Jason Aldean’s band. The concert coincides with Tortuga Music Festival.
· Nov. 19: KRUSH — KRUSH Party Band is a professional entertainment powerhouse, performing favorites such as Motown, R&B, Classic Dance, Disco Hits, Classic Dance Rock and much more!
· Nov. 26: Ginetta’s Vendetta, presented by Las Olas Marina, a Suntex Experience – As a pocket trumpeter, vocalist, composer and bandleader, Ginetta M. is an undeniable “triple threat female powerhouse” musician. Leading her acclaimed jazzy, funk, original band, Ginetta’s Vendetta, she spreads her gospel of “Peace Thru Music” along with America’s greatest export and cultural legacy, jazz around the world. This special Thanksgiving weekend performance will feature saxophonist extraordinaire Jesse Jones Jr. Miles Lennox will be the special guest performer during the Music & Makers Market.
The LOOP has teamed up with Suntex Marinas to support Folds of Honor, a nonprofit organization that provides scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service members. During the month of November, in honor of National Military Month, members of military families will be invited to sit in the Suntex Folds of Honor Zone where there will be chairs and blankets available for them. American Flags will be sold to raise funds for Folds of Honor and donations will also be accepted. Everyone who donates will receive a raffle ticket to be eligible to win an Engel cooler.
· Dec. 3: Mitch Herrick and the Homegrown Sinners — Roots-Rocker Mitch Herrick & the Homegrown Sinners bring an eclectic range of originals and interpretive covers of songs you know and love. Herrick, most notably known for his involvement with the South Florida based band SOSOS, brings an eclectic range of originals and interpretive covers of songs you know and love from an equally diverse range of artists, ranging from Tom Petty to Stevie Wonder and Matchbox 20 to Pink Floyd. Part of the Wonderland, Rockin’ Round the Christmas Tree Weekend Dec. 2 – 5, 2021.
· Dec. 10: Ticket To The Moon – Ticket To The Moon delivers a one-of-a-kind show, both sonically and visually, which will make any fan feel like they’re on a musical space ride featuring the music of Electric Light Orchestra. Lead singer and founder Reggie Fecteau has assembled a ‘dream team’ of musicians whose training and performance history is second to none. Part of the Wonderland Nutcrackers + Sweets Weekend, Dec. 9 – 12, 2021.
· Dec. 17: Gypsy Lane – It’s a Disco inferno and decade’s remix. Bring your boogie shoes, get your groove on and hop aboard the love train with Gypsy Lane. Performances will cover genres such as Mo'town, Reggae, Soul, Funk, Disco and Hip Hop. Part of the Winter Wonderland Weekend, Dec. 16 – 19, 2021.
· Dec. 24: Friday Night Sound Waves Christmas Eve Concert – This will be a Christmas Eve to remember with a Night of Sinatra featuring Jeff Grainger and The Hoboken 11 Big Band. Critics call Granger the “Closest to Sinatra” they ever heard. Backed by his Big Band, you’ll feel as if you were back in the Swing Era. Bring the whole family for an evening of classic Sinatra tunes and Holiday hits on Christmas Eve listening to the Sounds of Sinatra. Presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale Beach Improvement District, the concert is free to attend and welcomes all ages. A limited number of VIP Supper Club style tables for 4 include seating, Charcuitterie board and beverages.
· Dec. 31: Friday Night Sound Waves New Year’s Eve On The Beach with The Goodnicks – Enjoy live music, watch the ball drop in New York City via a live stream on jumbo screens and stay for the laser light show at midnight. The Goodnicks are a melodic three- and four-part harmony pop, rock, dance, country outfit that, while establishing its own sound, was derived from such rock and country greats as Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Goo Goo Dolls, Kiss and the Eagles, just to name a few.
Every Friday, Oct. 8 – Dec. 31, 2021, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Las Olas Oceanside Park: 3000 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
The most convenient place to park to access the event is the Las Olas Beach Parking Garage, where you can use the PayByPhone payment option and extend your parking from anywhere using the mobile PayByPhone APP.
This event is free and open to the public.
For more information, please visit FridayNightSoundWaves.com.