Miami Art Week 2021: Art Miami & Context Miami
Updated: Dec 9, 2021
During Miami Art Week 2021, Art Miami & Context Miami brings the following special art exhibitions listed below.
Jeune Femme au Large Cou, de Face, 1936, Oil on canvas by Pablo Picasso
Art Miami, America’s foremost contemporary and modern art fair, and its sister fair, CONTEXT Art Miami, will return for their respective 31st and 9th installments during Miami Art Week. This year’s fairs will kick-off on Tuesday, November 30th with an invitation-only VIP Preview evening before opening to the public on December 1st and running through December 5th. Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami have also announced their philanthropic and luxury jewelry partnerships for 2021 including Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) and Yvel. The Opening Night Platinum VIP Preview takes place from 4:30p.m. – 6:30p.m. and is the “can’t-miss” event for all serious collectors, curators and museum directors. The VIP preview will run subsequently from 6:30p.m. – 10:00p.m.
ART MIAMI | CONTEXT +ONLINE is a curated digital exhibition offering dedicated state-of-the-art acquisition rooms, powered by Hook, which will run concurrent with the in-person fairs from November 30 through December 5, 2021.
Physichromie 1912, 2014, Chromography on polycarbonate by Carlos Cruz-Diez
ART MIAMI HIGHLIGHTS
• Art of the World Gallery, Houston, will debut a masterpiece from one of the world’s greatest living artists, Fernando Botero
• David Benrimon Fine Art, New York, will be exhibiting a rare $16M Pablo Picasso from 1936
• Galeries Bartoux, Miami, will present a special exhibition by renowned artist Carlos Cruz-Diez
• Chase Contemporary will present the works of “the Godfather of the street art movement,” Richard Hambleton
• Yvel, Official Luxury Jeweler, founded by Orna and Isaac Levy in 1986
• The New York Academy of Art will present an exhibition of works by Brooke Shields and President David Kratz
• Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) will be the philanthropic benefactor of the VIP Previews for Art Miami and CONTEXT. Complimentary admission to PAMM is available to VIP ticket holders on Tuesday, November 30th through Sunday, December 5th.
• JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts will host a special exhibition of emerging and mid-career international artists
CONTEXT ART MIAMI HIGHLIGHTS
CONTEXT Art Miami will host a series of dynamic exhibitions, solo presentations, new media work, and innovative developments in contemporary sculpture throughout the fair and public outside areas. Solo Presentations include:
• Colombian artist Santiago Montoya presented by Offshoot Arts, London
• Bruno Art, Tel Aviv and Singapore is presenting a solo presentation with Yaacov Agam
• McCaig-Welles Gallery, New York is presenting the work of Vicky Barranquet