Art Miami Returns for 31st Edition Along with 9th Edition of Context Art Miami
Art Miami, America’s foremost contemporary and modern art fair, and its sister fair, CONTEXT Art Miami, will return for their respective 31st and 9th installments during Miami Art Week. This year’s fairs will kick-off on Tuesday, November 30th with an invitation-only VIP Preview evening before opening to the public on December 1st and running through December 5th. Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami have also announced their philanthropic and luxury jewelry partnerships for 2021 including Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) and Yvel.
The Opening Night Platinum VIP Preview takes place from 4:30p.m. – 6:30p.m. and is the “can’t-miss” event for all serious collectors, curators, museum directors, and art world luminaries to acquire some of the most important works at the forefront of the international contemporary art movement. The VIP preview will run subsequently from 6:30p.m. – 10:00p.m. Art Miami is globally recognized as a primary destination for the acquisition of investment quality works from the 20th and 21st centuries. CONTEXT Art Miami continues to develop and push boundaries on the conversation about contemporary art and offers an exceptionally strong platform for collectors to discover and acquire fresh and significant works in today’s primary art market from emerging and established galleries.
The fairs will continue to be held at the prestigious waterfront location of One Herald Plaza on Biscayne Bay, conveniently located within walking distance of Museum Park and The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, nestled between the Venetian and MacArthur Causeways in the heart of Downtown Miami. This year, to further sustainability initiatives, as well as touchless entry, all tickets will be available exclusively online with no box office onsite.
ART MIAMI | CONTEXT +ONLINE is a curated digital exhibition offering dedicated state-of-the-art acquisition rooms, powered by Hook, which will run concurrent with the in-person fairs from November 30 through December 5, 2021. ART MIAMI | CONTEXT +ONLINE provides additional exposure and sales opportunities for galleries participating in the in-person events as well as offering international galleries and attendees who are unable to travel and participate in this year’s in-person fairs a comprehensive digital fair solution for viewing, buying and learning about art.
ART MIAMI HIGHLIGHTS
• Art of the World Gallery, Houston, will debut a masterpiece from one of the world’s greatest living artists, Fernando Botero. Few can claim the ubiquity of Fernando Botero, an artist whose oeuvre is instantly recognizable and internationally revered. The sensuous, voluptuous curves and exaggerated forms of his figures are emblematic of an artist whose practice spans generations, techniques, and continents. With an artistic trajectory of over six decades, he is one of the world’s most prolific artists and is one of the few who creates works across almost all mediums. Exhibited all over the world, he has the honor of being the living artist who has had the most museum exhibitions, the most books written about him, and the most films made. He is still actively working today.
(“The Street”, Polyptych, 1998, Oil on canvas, 77.25 x 46 inches each)
• David Benrimon Fine Art, New York, will be exhibiting a rare $16M Pablo Picasso from 1936
(Jeune Femme au Large Cou, de Face, 1936, Oil on canvas, 21 5/8h x 18 1/8w in)
• Galeries Bartoux, Miami, will present a special exhibition by renowned artist Carlos Cruz-Diez.
(Physichromie 1912, 2014, Chromography on polycarbonate, 80x160 cm)
• Chase Contemporary will present the innovative and trailblazing works of “the Godfather of the street art movement,” Richard Hambleton, throughout the VIP Lounge. Hambleton was the first artist to transfer his version of street art to canvases, which brought the artist immediate critical and financial success, He was enthusiastically embraced by the Manhattan gallery scene, exhibiting at the Museum of Modern Art, Venice Biennale, and is in numerous public collections, including the Andy Warhol Museum, New Museum of Contemporary Art, Brooklyn Museum, Harvard University and Milwaukee Art Museum.
(Untitled: (Jumping Shadowman), 1985, Acrylic and sand on linen, 87x64.5 inches)
• Yvel, Official Luxury Jeweler, is an international luxury jewelry brand recognized worldwide for its refreshing designs of nature's finest resources. Using a unique, organic design technique, with select natural diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, and other prominent gems, each piece of Yvel jewelry is created to be cherished now and treasured for generations to come. Founded by Orna and Isaac Levy in 1986, Yvel has a rich history of cultivating fine jewelry through years of exploring pearl farms, mines, and minds.
• The New York Academy of Art will present an exhibition of drawings, paintings and sculpture curated by Academy trustee Brooke Shields and President David Kratz. Works at Art Miami were created by alumni of the Academy’s MFA program. The New York Academy of Art is a nonprofit educational and cultural institution that combines intensive technical training in the fine arts with active critical discourse. Through major exhibitions, a robust lecture series and an ambitious curriculum, the Academy serves as a creative and intellectual center for all artists dedicated to highly skilled, conceptually aware figurative and representational art.
• Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) will once again be the philanthropic benefactor of the VIP Previews for Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami. Pérez Art Museum Miami promotes artistic expression and the exchange of ideas, advancing public knowledge and appreciation of art, architecture, and design, and reflecting the diverse community of its pivotal geographic location at the crossroads of the Americas. Complimentary admission to PAMM is available to all Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami VIP ticket holders on Tuesday, November 30th through Sunday, December 5th.
• JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts, the Official Luxury Hotels of Art Miami, will host a special exhibition of emerging and mid-career international talents from Art Miami exhibiting galleries on display in the hotel lobby. Exclusive room rates at: turontravel.com
• Artsy.net, partner of Art Miami, CONTEXT. Collectors and art enthusiasts can use Artsy to browse exhibitor booths, make sales inquiries on available artworks, and access fair information online via Artsy.net and the Artsy app for iPhone and iPad.
International galleries that will exhibit at Art Miami for the first time include:
Boccara New York | Burgess Modern & Contemporary Fort Lauderdale | Catalyst Contemporary Baltimore | Crossing Art New York | DTR Modern Gallery New York | EF Arte Milan | G. Gallery Seoul | Gallery Edel Osaka | Gallery Joeun Seoul | Keyes Art Sag Harbor | Maune Contemporary Atlanta | Nicole McGraw Fine Art Palm Beach | Simon Breitbard Fine Arts San Francisco | Tew Galleries Atlanta | West Chelsea Contemporary Austin | YOD Gallery Osaka | Zeit Contemporary Art New Yor
CONTEXT ART MIAMI HIGHLIGHTS
CONTEXT Art Miami will host a series of dynamic exhibitions, solo presentations, new media work, and innovative developments in contemporary sculpture throughout the fair and public outside areas.
Solo Presentations include:
• Colombian artist Santiago Montoya presented by Offshoot Arts, London. Santiago Montoya’s practice employs diverse media, including global paper currencies, precious stones and materials, sculpture and neon. This multi-disciplinary approach expresses a multitude of ideas exploring and questioning the notion of value. The works inspire a discourse on nationalism, commodities and the universal consequences and nuances of the production and distribution of wealth.
• Bruno Art, Tel Aviv and Singapore is presenting a solo presentation with Yaacov Agam, an Israeli sculptor and experimental artist widely known for his contributions to optical and kinetic art.
(Expanding space, 1971, Original polymorph, Oil on aluminum 66 x 66 x 5 cm)
• McCaig-Welles Gallery, New York is presenting the work of Vicky Barranquet known for her empirical investigation of the pictorial structure, where processes departing from spontaneous gestures evolve into elaborate and complex systems where improvisation, organization of form and space, and attention to detail are at its core.
International galleries that will exhibit at CONTEXT Art Miami for the first time include: AM House, Coral Gables | AOA;87, Bamberg | Art Bond NY, New York | Art.M, Luxemborg | ArtConvex, Hong Kong | Artemiro Gallery, New York | BG Gallery, Santa Monica | Boulderton Contemporary, Miami | Carousel Art Group, Miami | Coagula Curatorial, Huntington Park | Fortom Gallery, Miami | Galerie l’Atelier, New York, | Gallery Grimson, Seoul | GR gallery, New York | Hilton Asmus Contemporary, Chicago | Imaginart Gallery, Coral Gables | MonShare Art, Milan | Normal Royal Arts, Fort Collins | Offshoot Arts, London | Quidley & Company, Nantucket | Winn Slavin, Beverly Hills.
2021 ART MIAMI EXHIBITOR LIST (* = Online Only)
Adelson Gallery Palm Beach | Aldo Castillo Naples | Allouche Gallery New York | AMS Santiago | Andrea Schwartz Gallery San Francisco | Arcature Fine Art Palm Beach | Archeus/Post Modern London | Art Nouveau Gallery Miami | Art of the World Gallery Houston | Arthur Roger Gallery New Orleans | Ascaso Gallery Miami | Atelier Aki Seoul | Aurora Vigil-Escalera Art gallery Gijon | Avant Gallery Miami | Barbara Paci Galleria d’Arte Pietrasanta | Bernice Steinbaum Gallery Miami | Berry Campbell New York | Boccara New York | BOCCARA ART Miami | Bogena Galerie St Paul de Vence | Burgess Modern + Contemporary Ft Lauderdale | C. Grimaldis Gallery Baltimore | Catalyst Contemporary Baltimore | Catherine Edelman Gallery Chicago | Cavalier Galleries New York | Cernuda Arte Coral Gables | Chase Contemporary New York | Clark Gallery Lincoln | *CONNERSMITH. Washington, DC | Contessa Gallery Cleveland | Crossing Art New York | Cynthia Corbett Gallery London | David Benrimon Fine Art New York | David Klein Gallery Detroit | Dean Project Miami Beach | Diana Lowenstein Miami | Donghwa Ode Gallery New York | DTR Modern Gallery New York | Duran Mashaal Montreal | Durban Segnini Gallery Miami | EF Arte Milan | Espace Meyer Zafra Paris | Eternity Gallery Miami | *Evelyn Aimis Fine Art Miami | Factoria Santa Rosa Santiago | Forum Gallery New York | Frederic Got Gallery Paris | Fremin Gallery New York | g.gallery Gangnam-gu | Galeria Alfredo Ginocchio Mexico City | Galería Casa Cuadrada Bogotá | Galeria Duque Arango Medellin | Galeria Freites Caracas | Galeria La Cometa Bogota | Galerie Barbara von Stechow Frankfurt | Galerie Bhak Seoul | Galerie Rother Wiesbaden | Galeries Bartoux - Cruz Diez Experience Miami | Galleria arte Martinelli Miami | Galleria Ca’ D’Oro New York | Galleria Luigi Proietti Miami Beach | Gallery Edel Osaka | Gallery Henoch New York | Gallery Joeun Seoul | Gallery Tableau Seoul | Gilden’s Art Gallery London | HackelBury Fine Art London | Hang Art San Francisco | Hashimoto Contemporary New York | *Heitsch Gallery Munich | HEXTON I modern and contemporary Aspen | HOFA Gallery London | Hohmann Palm Desert | Holden Luntz Gallery Palm Beach | Hollis Taggart New York | In The Gallery Copenhagen | Jackson Fine Art Atlanta | Jean Albano Gallery Chicago | Jerald Melberg Gallery Charlotte | JONATHAN FERRARA GALLERY New Orleans | *Jonathon Novak Contemporary Los Angeles | Keumsan Gallery Jung-gu | Keyes Art Sag Harbor | Kubix Contemporary Art North Miami Beach | Latin Art Core Miami | Laura Rathe Fine Art Houston | Laurent Marthaler Contemporary Zurich | Lee & Bae Busan | Lelia Mordoch Gallery Miami-Paris | Lena Roselli Gallery Budapest | Licht Feld Gallery Basel | Liquid art system Capri | Liss Gallery Toronto | Long-Sharp Gallery Indianapolis | Louis K. Meisel Gallery New York | Maddox Gallery London | Mark Borghi Bridgehampton | Mark Hachem Paris | Markowicz Fine Art Miami | Masterworks Fine Art Gallery Oakland | Matthew Swift Gallery Gloucester | Maune Contemporary Atlanta | *Miriam Shiell Fine Art Toronto | Nicole McGraw Fine Art Palm Beach | Nil Gallery Paris | Oliver Cole Gallery Miami | OPERA GALLERY Miami | Pablo Goebel Fine Arts Ciudad de Mexico | Pan American Art Projects Miami | Placido / Scognamiglio Milan | Pontone Gallery London | PYO Gallery Seoul | Ranivilu Art Gallery Miami | Raphael Frankfurt | Robert Fontaine Gallery Palm Beach | *Rosenbaum Contemporary New York | Rosenfeld Gallery Miami | Ross+Kramer Gallery Palm Beach | Rudolf Budja Gallery Miami Beach | *Rukaj Toronto | Schacky Dusseldorf | Scott Richards Contemporary San Francisco | Shapero Modern London | Simon Breitbard Fine Arts San Francisco | SmithDavidson Gallery Miami | Sous Les Etoiles Gallery New York | Sponder Gallery Boca Raton | Sundaram Tagore Gallery New York | Surovek Gallery Palm Beach | TEW Galleries Atlanta | Timothy Yarger Fine Art Beverly Hills | *Tresart Miami | Unix Gallery New York | Vertu Fine Art Boca Raton | Waltman Ortega Fine Art Miami| Waterhouse & Dodd New York | West Chelsea Contemporary (WCC) Austin | William Weston London | YOD Gallery Osaka | Yusto / Giner Marbella | Yvel Tel Aviv | Zeit Contemporary Art New York | Zemack Contemporary Art Tel Aviv | Zolla/Lieberman Gallery Chicago (list in formation as of October 11, 2021)
2021 CONTEXT ART MIAMI EXHIBITOR LIST
532 Gallery Thomas Jaeckel New York | *Ai Bo Gallery New York | AM House Miami | Analog Contemporary Philadelphia | Art Angels Los Angeles | Art Bond NY Manhattan | Art.M Capellen | ArtConvex Hong Kong | Artemiro Gallery New York | AOA;87 Bamberg | Axiom Contemporary Scottsdale | Bel Air Fine Art Miami | BG Gallery Santa Monica | Blank Space New York | BlinkGroup Fine Art Gallery Miami | Boulderton Contemporary Art Miami Shores | Bronner Gallery Guethary | Bruce Lurie Gallery Miami | Bruno Art Group Tel Aviv | Carousel Fine Art Miami | CHIEFS & SPIRITS The Hague | Coagula Curatorial Huntington Park | Connect Contemporary Atlanta | Contemporary Art Projects USA Miami | Fabrik Projects Gallery Beverly Hills | Fortom Gallery Miami | Galería Casa Cuadrada Bogotá | Galeria La Sala Santiago | galerie Barrou Planquart Paris | Galerie l’Atelier New York | Galerie LeRoyer Montreal | Galeries Bartoux Miami | Gallery BK Seoul | Gallery Grimson Seoul | *Gallery Jeeum Seoul | Gama Gallery Istanbul | GR Gallery New York | Hashimoto Contemporary New York | Hilton Asmus Contemporary Chicago | HOFA Gallery London | Imaginart Gallery Coral Gables | Janus Gallery Doraville | John William Gallery Boca Raton | K+Y Gallery Paris | Khankhalaev Gallery Moscow | Lassiter Fine Art Mobile | Liquid art system Capri | Lustre Contemporary Caledon | McCaig-Welles Gallery Brooklyn | MonShare Art Milan | New Apostle Gallery Mount Vernon | Normal Royal Fort Collins | Offshoot Arts Great Missenden | Olivia Park Gallery New York | Onessimo Fine Art Palm Beach | Quantum Contemporary Art London | Quidley & Company Nantucket | Rebecca Hossack Art Gallery London | Retrospect Galleries Coorabell | S16 Gallery Montreal | Simons Gallery The Hague | Steidel contemporary Lake Worth Beach | VK Gallery Amsterdam | Winn Slavin Fine Art Beverly Hills (List in formation as of October 11, 2021)
Informa AllSecure is Art Miami’s approach to enhanced health and safety standards
Safety is the top priority, and Art Miami will adhere to strict measures to protect visitors, exhibitors, and staff. The Fair will be run according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and local authority guidance as well as any venue or location-specific regulations. Informa AllSecure is how these standards are being adopted in the business. It means that when exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees come to Art Miami events, they can connect, learn, know more, and conduct more business, effectively, safely and with confidence.
As a part of the AllSecure program, all attendees of Art Miami are required to show proof of a rapid antigen test (or equivalent) with a negative result within 24 hours prior to attending the Fair. Attendees may choose, in their discretion, to opt out of this testing requirement by showing proof of having received full vaccination more than 2 weeks prior to attendance. All Fair attendees will be required to wear a mask. Please be advised that these protocols are subject to change. More details are available at www.artmiami.com and www.informa.com/about-us/allsecure/
HOURS AND LOCATION:
Opening Night Platinum VIP Preview: Tuesday, November 30: 4:30 - 6:30pm
Opening Night VIP Preview: Tuesday, November 30: 6:30pm - 10:00pm
General Admission: Wednesday, Dec 1 - Saturday, December 4: 11am - 7pm; Sunday, December 5: 11am - 6pm
The Art Miami Pavilion, One Herald Plaza @ NE 14th Street, Downtown Miami.
On Biscayne Bay between the Venetian & MacArthur Causeways
Tickets will go on sale 45 days prior to the opening.
Tickets will be available exclusively online with no on-site box office.
About Art Miami:
Art Miami, owned by Informa Markets, is the leading international contemporary and modern art fair that takes place each December during Art Week. It is one of the most important annual contemporary art events in the United States, attracting motivated collectors, curators, museum professionals and art enthusiasts from around the globe. Now in its 31st year, Art Miami remains committed to showcasing the most important artworks of the 20th and 21st centuries in collaboration with a selection of the world’s most respected galleries. Art Miami maintains a preeminent position in America’s contemporary art fair market. With a rich history, it is the original and longest-running contemporary art fair in Miami and continues to receive praise for the variety of unparalleled art that it offers. It is the “can’t miss” event for all serious collectors, curators, museum directors and interior designers, providing an intimate look at some of the most important work at the forefront of the international contemporary art movement. http://www.artmiami.com/
About Informa Markets:
Informa Markets creates platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, their exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive. Informa Markets has over 4,000 colleagues worldwide, with a large presence in markets including the US, Brazil, Dubai, India and China https://informa.com/divisions/informa-markets